Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti

This last week I didn’t post any blogs. I guess discussing the pastries I’m making seems callous in the light of the devastation in Haiti. Considering that I went to work and produced pastries every day and have posted blogs when countless other suffering has gone on, I wonder if I’m just pretending that it would be callous.

Having said that, I made a really delicious plum cake…. See, it is out of touch. But I haven’t read more than anyone else about Haiti or Haitian food or Haitian relief efforts. This morning ten-year-olds were telling me about the children who’ve been hurt in Haiti.

So, instead let’s pray that God would comfort and nourish the living, and that God would give the aid workers access to food and water to dispense, that the aid organizations would work together, and that many would have a safe space to rest and recover from this dreadful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment