Saturday, September 17, 2011

Date, date, date


30 May 2011 – remiss in not having posted this on the correct date.

So, I blogged not too long ago about a dating book I read, mentioning that that would be it for quite some time.  Yet, at the recommendation of a friend, I decided to go ahead and read another book on dating.  Apparently this is the definitive book on the subject.

Henry Cloud’s How to Get a Date Worth Keeping: Be Dating in Six Months or Your Money Back is the very confident title of a very basic book.  Very basic does not mean anything but that it is straight-forward and essentially absolutely a no-brainer.  The fact that I’ve made nearly every dating mistake in the book and keep readjusting my strategy merely means that I could have written it.  Not with the proven track record of Cloud, but at the least with all the anecdotes!

All that to say, if you’ve also made every mistake possible, you might get a kick out of seeing them listed on paper in front of you.  If laughing at yourself isn’t much of a past-time, you don’t want a better date, or, bless you, are already married, then don’t bother with this.  If you have any singleton friends, though, make their Christmas or birthday really fun for them.  Or tell them to check it out of the library, which is what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment